Here’s my most recent finished project, the Prairie Star Afghan, a free pattern found here.
As soon as I saw the pattern I knew I wanted to make it for my friend HipnTrendy and I knew I wanted it in oranges, reds and yellows. I made some slight adjustments to the color layout. The original pattern called for 6 different colors and I didn’t want to use 6 for this one. I’m really happy with the way it turned out and I’ve got another one in mind, using all 6 colors.
I couldn’t share this until Hip received it, since she reads this and it was a surprise for her. I just wish I could have been there to catch a picture of her opening it. I was tempted to try and contact her husband to get him to do it for me, but thought nah, too much like work 😀 So Hip, I hope you enjoy this and the hotpads!
This is what the afghan looks like with all colors. I’d also like to play with increasing the size so it’s more queen/king size. I have an idea in mind, other than the simple hook size increase.